The full-time position is to be filled from 1st February 2022 or at the earliest possible date and will be for two years initially.
We expect a scientist with research experience in the field of the Cluster and a strong interest in the development of research strategies, science policy and networking. Excellent communication with scientists from different disciplines and a comprehensive organizational talent are crucial. The successful candidate has an excellent scientific writing style in English and German, and the ability to adapt to different audiences. We are looking for a distinctive team player with a high degree of personal responsibility and a strong commitment to shape the further development of the Cluster.
The successful candidate will be hosted at the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology and report to Prof. Axel Brakhage, director of the institute and spokesperson of the cluster as well as to Dr. Angela Köhler, head of cluster management.
- Implementation of the Cluster’s International Scientists Exchange Program
- Support in writing grant proposals and reports
- Preparation and management of scientific events (conferences, workshops, courses etc.)
- Organisation of diversity and gender equality measures in the Cluster
- Coordination of the selection procedures for internal projects as well as further quality management measures
- Organizational support with the establishment of new professorships and research groups within the Cluster, including e.g. recruitment of personnel, procurement of research equipment
- Preparation and implementation of the evaluation of the Cluster
- Participation in outreach activities
- Qualification in science management
- Education to PhD level in life or natural sciences, preferably in a Cluster-related research field
- Excellent communication and writing skills in both English and German
- Strong commitment and interest in conceptual-strategic work
- Distinguished project/time management and organizational skills, flexibility and ability to bring deadline-driven work to completion
- An integrative, team-minded personality with good inter-personal and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of the German research and university system and its funding bodies
- Postdoctoral research and international experience are explicitly desired
- Experience in the coordination and management of collaborative research projects is advantageous
- A responsible position within a highly motivated team in an internationally renowned research institution
- A multifaceted and complex research environment with an open atmosphere, state-of-the-art equipment and strong interdisciplinary collaborations
- A close collaboration of university and extra-university research institutions
- Jena – City of Science: a young and lively town with a vibrant local cultural agenda
- A family-friendly working environment with a variety of offers for families: University Family Office ‘JUniFamilie’ and flexible childcare (‘JUniKinder)
- Attractive fringe benefits, e.g. capital formation benefits (VL), Job Ticket (benefits for public transport), and an occupational pension (VBL), University health promotion and a wide range of sports activities
- Remuneration based on the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Sector of the Federal States (TV-L) at salary scale E 13 (depending on the candidate’s personal qualifications) including a special annual payment in accordance with the collective agreement
The full-time position (40 hours per week) is initially for two years with the possibility to be extended subject to suitability. The Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer and part-time contracts can be discussed.
To promote gender equality in science, applications by woman are especially welcome. Candidates with severe disabilities will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications and suitability.
Applications in English should comprise a cover letter including a brief statement of research and scientific coordination experiences, a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, a list of publications and the contact details of two references. Please submit your application by email as a single PDF file, stating the vacancy ID 406/2021 by 31.01.2022 to: Dr. Angela Köhler | email@example.com