For further development of the IDLab machine learning cluster, we are looking for an AI project manager.
What you will do
- You will lead the programmable networks and AI team within the IDLab research group. This team consists of about 5+ PhD students and has a strong track record in AI-driven network management. It was one of the finalists of the DARPA Spectrum Collaboration Challenge in 2019 (6th place).
- You will be responsible for the management of multiple projects in the domain of reinforcement learning specifically and machine learning in general, with close application on software defined networks.
- You will participate in the framework of European and national research projects (in collaboration with industry).
- You develop project proposals for the European Horizon 2020 Program and national projects, both in fundamental and collaborative programs.
- You interface and collaborate on a technical level with research partners from both industry and academia.
- You will be conducting research on machine learning driven programmable network management often through collaborative projects with industrial and academic partners.
- You have the ability to conduct both fundamental research as well as applied research on application domains such as smart cities, industry 4.0, robotics, logistics & mobility.
- You publish and present results both at international conferences and in scientific journals.
- You supervise and assist PhD students during their PhD study.
- The Internet & Data Lab (IDLab) is an imec research group at the University of Antwerp and Ghent University. IDLab focuses its research on internet technologies and data science. IDLab is a joint research initiative between Ghent University and the University of Antwerp. Bringing together 300 internet experts, we develop technologies outperforming current solutions for communication subsystems, high speed and low power networking, distributed computing and multimedia processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and web semantics. Within Antwerp, the overall IDLab research areas are machine learning and wireless networking. IDLab has a unique research infrastructure used in numerous national and international collaborations.
- IDLab collaborates with many universities and research centres worldwide and jointly develops advanced technologies with industry (R&D centers from international companies, Flanders’ top innovating large companies and SME’s, as well as numerous ambitious startups).
Who you are
- You have a Masters of Science degree, preferably in Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent. Having a PhD degree or academic experience is an advantage but not a must.
- You have experience with reinforcement learning or machine learning projects in general. Knowledge of networking technologies is highly appreciated, in particular software defined networks.
- You have experience with machine learning applied to network management. Experience with machine learning technologies is crucial.
- Having experience with managing and supervising team members and define research directions for a team is an advantage.
- Having experience with participating in and managing national and/or international research projects is an advantage.
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
- Your English is fluent, both speaking and writing.
If you are interested in this position, please apply at https://jobs.idlab.uantwerpen.be/o/scientific-project-manager-on-machine-learning-driven-programmable-networks
Questions concerning the position can also be sent to email@example.com.