The Faculty of Law, Research group Personal Rights & Property Rights, Antwerp Health Law and Ethics Chair (AHLEC), is seeking to fill a full-time (100 %) vacancy for a
Doctoral student in the area of health law
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the area of health law.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project you will be appointed for.
- You take on a limited number of tasks concerning educational and research assistance within the Faculty of Law, Personal Rights & Property Rights, Antwerp Health Law and Ethics Chair.
Profile and requirements
- You hold the degrees of Master of Laws; students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- You submit a Dutch or an English research proposal of maximum 5 pages on the topic, which includes the following headings: ‘state of the art’, ‘research objectives’, ‘methodology’ and ‘bibliography’. The proposal should allow you to successfully complete the PhD in 4 years.
The two prior conditions are conditions of admissibility.
- You have obtained excellent grades.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the vision of education the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- a full-time doctoral scholarship for a period of two years from 1 October 2020 until 30 September 2022, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- a full time gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.447,20 - € 2.596,27;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 23 February 2020. On application you submit the following documents:
- The above mentioned PhD proposal in line with the research lines of the Faculty of law and in the area of health law,
- a detailed overview of your study grades,
- a letter of motivation.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place at 5 March 2020.
- More information about the application form can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. dr. Thierry Vansweevelt, Tel. 032 3 265 54 81 – Thierry.email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.