Department : Department of Engineering Management
Regime : Full-time
The Department of Engineering Management in the Faculty of Business and economics is looking for a full-time
Doctoral scholarship holder in the field of Environmental Economics
- You work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in Applied Economics. Climate change is impacting agriculture. To support decision making by policy makers and farmers, it is needed to open the black box of adaptation and explicitly model the adaptation choices of farmers. This project will develop a new climate-change-adaptation valuation approach will be developed
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the department of Engineering Management.
- You hold a Master degree in economics, applied economics business administration, Business Engineering, Engineering, Bio-engineering or equivalent or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You are interested in sustainable development and the transition towards a more sustainable society
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed once for another two-year period.
- The planned start date is 1 October 2020 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Stadscampus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform until 10 August 2020. Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter and your academic CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Please make a note of the following dates: 24 August 2020: interview.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Professor Steven Van Passel.
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth wherever possible. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability. We encourage everyone to apply, especially members of under-represented groups.