The Faculty of Medicine is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of Psychiatry
Research group: Collaborative Antwerp Psychiatric Research Institute (CAPRI)
With this project we want to optimize treatment strategies for bipolar disorder with or without psychotic symptoms by finding alternative access points for the development of new mood-stabilizing drugs. Hereby an accent is placed on the Kynurenine Pathway. The project is part of a collaboration with Fondation Fondamental, Paris.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of medical science.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in Collaborative Antwerp Psychiatric Research Institute, University Antwerp.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Medicine, Psychology of Biomedical Science.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Knowledge of the French language serves as a recommendation.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of the scholarship will be October 1st 2020;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.447,20 to € 2.596,27;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date March 14th, 2020 and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place between March 16th and April 10th, 2020.
- More information about the online application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Dr Manuel Morrens, 015/30.40.30; email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.