The Faculty of Social Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Political Science for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of European Union trade policy
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Political Science.
- You (co-)publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to research in the Research Group International Politics and to teaching in the Department of Political Science.
- You compete for an individual fellowship of the Research Foundation Flanders FWO within the first year of your appointment, and if necessary, also in the second year.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Political Science or a related social and political science discipline.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You master qualitative and quantitative social science research methods.
- You are proficiently fluent in English – in writing as well as orally.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of the scholarship will be between October 1st 2019 and October 1st2020;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.373,36 to € 2.516,73;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date August 11th 2019 and should include (1) a copy of your Curriculum Vitae, (2) a cover letter, and a 3 page research proposal of how you would approach the research project (see link to pdf above).
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place between August 20th and September 12th 2019.
- More information about the online application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Dr. Dirk De Bièvre, +32 473 187 386, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Prof. Dr. Arlo Poletti at the University of Trento, Italy, email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.