We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join us in the Bio-Ontology Research Group at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in Saudi Arabia. The group is known for pioneering several methods that combine logic and machine learning, with main applications in the life sciences. The group is also developing innovative infrastructure such as the AberOWL ontology repository which combines machine learning and Description Logic Queries, and leading systems for protein function prediction and finding gene-disease association which rely on methods from knowledge representation and reasoning combined with machine learning.
- Whom are we looking for exactly?
We are looking for researchers who have completed their Ph.D. in the past four years, or will complete their Ph.D. soon, who have an ambition to do research on Artificial Intelligence, and have experience with logic in computer science as well as machine learning.
- Your tasks:
* Develop methods that combine logic and machine learning, including methods that generate embeddings, methods that use logic to constrain search and optimization, and inductive logic programming
* Work with students and junior researchers
* Write research papers and present research results at conferences
- Why join us?
* We offer exciting research in Artificial Intelligence.
* You have the opportunity to translate research outcomes into life science applications.
* Access to world-class compute infrastructure, including the Shaheen 2 Cray XC40 supercomputer, and dedicated machine learning systems and GPU compute clusters.
* An international, highly diverse university campus by the Red Sea, with activities ranging from relaxing at the beach to golfing to diving with whale sharks.
* A competitive salary with generous benefits, including free housing on campus and medical insurance.
* Generous research funding, for travel, equipment, etc.
The position will initially be for 1 year and can be renewed up to 3 years (in exceptional circumstances up to 5).
The position is open to all applicants from any nationality. International applications are strongly encouraged.
As soon as possible. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
How to Apply
On the top-right of this advert, you shall find a section called "Application Process". Please click on the "Apply Now" button, create a free account on Interfolio, and complete the application form.
KAUST is an international, graduate research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through interdisciplinary research, education, and innovation. Located in Saudi Arabia, on the shores of the Red Sea, KAUST offers superb research facilities together with unmatched living conditions for individuals and families.
Bio-Ontology is a research group in the Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC) and the Computer Science program at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. Our research focuses on the use of bio-ontologies for data integration and analysis in biology. We are interested in biological problems that require integration of multiple types of data and integration of data across scales and levels of granularity. For more information, please, visit the group's website https://borg.kaust.edu.sa
The application should include:
For further details about the position, please contact Prof. Robert Hoehndorf (email@example.com)Continue reading
|Title||Postdoctoral Researcher in Knowledge Representation, Logic, and Machine Learning|
|Employer||King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)|
|Job location||King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal|
|Published||April 24, 2020|
|Job types||Postdoc  |
|Fields||Statistics,   Logic,   Artificial Intelligence,   Applied Mathematics,   Computational Mathematics,   Machine Learning  |