Last application date: Aug 31, 2019 18:00
Department: RE23 - Department of Criminology, Criminal Law and Social Law
Employment category: Doctoral fellow
Contract: Limited duration
Degree: Master degree in Law
Occupancy rate: 100%
Vacancy Type: Research staff
- At least 90% of your assignment will be spent on academic research.
- You will prepare a doctoral dissertation
- The assignment is for the duration of four academic years.
Profile of the candidate
- You hold a master degree in Law. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You obtained very good study results
- You have a keen interest in academic research.
What we can offer you
- We offer you a PhD scholarship of 2 year, which can be extended with another 2 years after positive evaluation.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2019 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale "doctoral fellowship (Dehousse fellow)”
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch)
- The research concerns the specific status of staff in the public sector in different countries (Belgium, The Netherlands, the UK, Sweden and Italy). The researcher shall gather a lot of foreign expertise.
How to apply
Apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept late applications.
Your application must include the following documents:
- Your cv and an overview of your relevant scientific publications (merged into one pdf file)
- Your application letter in pdf format
- A transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- Only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Alexander De Becker (alexander.debecker@UGent.be, +32 9 264 68 44).