The Dean is responsible for leading and managing academic staff, and for ensuring that appropriate systems and work flows are in place for effective execution of all academic functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage academic staff and coordinate all academic activities.
- Ensure the University has in place robust and appropriate systems and clearly defined work flows for its academic functions.
- Ensure compliance with the University’s policies and procedures and regulatory policies and regulations.
- Ensure there is Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) within academic processes.
- Lead and manage the development of curricula and programmes.
- Provide appropriate support for academic staff to enable effective delivery of programmes.
- Monitor, track and report student statistics as required to meet regulatory requirements and to improve student learning.
- Effectively manage the University’s academic resources and protect the academic assets by taking reasonable measures to shield the institution from financial, legal, and reputational risks.
- Arrange operational relationships with other universities.
- Be an active member of and regularly attend committees to ensure efficient governance of academic processes.
- Deputise for the Vice Chancellor as necessary.
- Maintain academic staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; and developing personal growth opportunities.
We are presently running a College in Colombo but have plans to move a level up to a University status and thus, requires this Dean to be passionate and pro-active, love challenges, able to liaise with relevant government agencies with the licensing of running a University. Therefore, we are targeting someone who have good grasp of the University industry and its operations.